Wednesday, August 16, 2006

So here's something incredibly inane to think about

Alright alright, I suppose I will give in and write something proper after all. Nyeh.

Hokay. So I don't think I'll get away with just posting up a random comic of mine for the first post since all it really says is that
  1. Liana has too much time on her hands so she spends it doodling on the computer and fooling around with Photoshop,
  2. Liana has a savage sense of humour (and not in the hot British way),
  3. Liana likes bunnies (even if the one Eddy (that's the dog) just met got its head lopped off),
  4. Liana likes to make people (herself) laugh.
So there. But aside from that inane stuff, I'm really a sensible, grounded, insanely logical Biology major entering my honours year. I've barely begun to comprehend this crazy adventure that is the Honours Project I've yet to embark on, but I am somewhat looking forward to the coming year in the Spider Lab and am hoping for the best ("best" being my spiders don't die before I get any results, and "best" also being I survive certain doom that is the thesis.).

Some would say that this pioneer module, Narrative and Play in Interactive Media, ala UAR2205, ala somebody-heard-the-instructor-purchased-several-copies-of-netherwinter-nights-"OMG! I MUST TAKE THIS MODULE!!!", would be wasted on a person like me since I'm not a hard core gamer.

Aside from being forced into appreciating a lot of cartoons like X-men and Transformers, movies like Star Trek (yes, I am a geek so sue me.) and crazy comics like Chaos! Lady Death and the like due to the influence of My Older Brother, as well as playing some Heroes of Might and Magic, Phantasmagoria, Command & Conquer, Resident Evil (damned those zombie dogs) and Metal Gear Solid... I'm pretty much a non-gamer. XD

So yay! That's a succinct introduction of myself (read: that's all you're gonna know *bleah.).

Here's to a great semester ahead in this module :D

No comments: